Documentum have announced that Magellan will now be named Centerstage, not sure about the name but it sure beats Magellan.
I was fortunate enough to see a demonstration/presentation a couple of weeks ago and it is very interesting. In fact I know of customers who are taking notice and starting to consider whether they should rush into a SharePoint integration with this coming down the line.
Speaking of which I’ve had some time looking at SharePoint recently and some quick findings are below. Its not the first time I have looked at it as I was the lead on a company intranet which was built on an early version of SharePoint but it has moved on since then.
– The UI is great, no doubt about that, it is so easy to chop and change the views and make everything easy for the end user.
– Usability, as a result, is no problem….I can imagine the cost of training is minimal compared to the problems with Webtop.
– Starting workflows is remarkably similar to in Webtop.
– Building workflows is a pain, unless you buy a 3rd party product prepare to get your hands dirty, very dirty.
– Audit capability….mmmmm. Have a good look at this, its not what it may appear at first sight.
– Lists, nice and easy…great feature…just don’t go over 2000 entries.
– Search, poor but then they have now got FAST so expect improvements.